Vegan Tempeh in sweet sauce with steamed veggies and red rice
1 pack tempeh ( 500 gr)
Half cup olive oil
2 onions sliced or chopped
3-4 cloves of garlic
3-4 table spoons soy sauce
3-4 table spoons sweet soy sauce
Half table spoon of cayenne pepper
1.5 cup of red rice
1 Pack of your preferred vegetable suitable for steaming
1. Slice the tempeh into pieces about 1 cm thick, after cutting all the pieces, cut those piece pieces in half.
2. Heat the pan over medium heat, add 3-4 tablespoons olive oil.
3. In the same pan, on medium-high heat, add the pieces of tempeh, just let them fry for about 1 -2 min till golden brown for each side.
4. After that remove the fried tempeh on a plate with paper tissue.
5. Slice or chop the onion and garlic and add into heated pan with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
7.Sate the onions and garlic for about 2-3 min, until golden.
8.Add soy sauce and sweet soy sauce and mix well for 1 min.
10.Add the pieces of previously fried tempeh, just let them fry for about 1 -2 min and let the sauce cover all pieces of tempeh well.
11. Turn off the heat.
12. Serve with boiled rice & steamed veggies, if you wish you can use sweet chilly sauce.