Vegan sweet potato bread
Prep time – 2 hours
Cook time – 45 min
Total time – 2hr. 45 min
2 1/2 cup of flour
2 medium sweet potatoes
1 tsp. quick yeast
80-100 ml warm water
1 tsp sugar
2 tbsp.vegetable oil
1/2 tsp. salt
1.Boil/steam sweet potatoes
2. Peel the skin and mash into the puree while it is still warm, it will help the dough to rise.
3. Add the yeast,salt,sugar into flour and mix well.
4. Add the warm mashed sweet potatoes into the flour, mix and knead.
5.Add water and knead again.
6. Add oil mix and knead the dough should come together and be less sticky.
7. Oil a large bowl, put the dough in, cover the bowl and let stay in warm place for 1.5 hrs and turn on the oven.
8. Dough should double after 1.5 hrs.
9. Divide dough into 3 equal parts and braid the dough into nice form.Press to secure the top and the bottom parts of dough.
10.Place on greaseproof paper on a baking tray and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour (rotate bread 180 degrees on itself halfway through for even baking).
11.When bread is baked through, it will make a hollow sound when tapped on the top, otherwise it will sound a little ‘compact’.
12. Remove from oven and allow to cool a little before slicing.