Vegan chickpeas ratatouille
Prep time ( if using raw chickpeas) 1 night
1 cup chickpeas soak in water for 1 night
1-2 onions sliced or chopped
1-2 egg plants
1 pack of mushrooms
4-5 cloves of garlic
1-2 medium carrots
1-2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp asafoetida
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp sesame seeds
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper or more if you wish.
salt to taste
1 cup water
1. Cut all vegetables into small pieces ( 1-2 cm.)
2. Heat the pan over medium heat, add olive oil.
2. In the heated oil add the mustard seeds, after 30 sec. the seeds start to pop.You might want to cover the pan.
3. Add sesame seeds and saute till golden
4. Add asaphetida,turmeric
5. Add onions and saute for about 2-3 min till onions soften
6.Add carrots and saute for about 2-3 min till onions soften
7.Add chickpeas, mix all well, saute for about 2-3 min
8.Add mushrooms and eggplants, mix all well and cover the pan for about 5 min and reduce the heat.Let it cook slowly.
9. Add water, mix well and cover the pan and allow to cook for 20-30 min, keep mixing now and then to make sure the chickpeas are cooked.
10.Turn off the heat and serve with fresh dill
Important: cook it in low heat