Burger buns (preferably whole wheat) – 10 buns
portobello mushrooms – approximately 1½ cups. You may use any other kind of mushrooms.
1¼ cup cooked lentils (red, brown, green lentils)
2-3 tablespoons of flax seeds soaked in 150 grams of water. This jelly gives the stuffing a very soft texture and is a great substitute for eggs.
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes (not baker’s yeast)
30 g of cornstarch
5 ml vegetarian broth
5 g (1 teaspoon) of brown sugar
2.5 g paprika
2 medium onions
ground black pepper to taste
salt to taste
2 tablespoons vegetable oil for frying
- Boil lentils according to package instructions (there’re different cooking methods for each type of lentils). You can just soak your lentils for a few hours before cooking
- Mix the sliced mushrooms with lentils and use a blender to grind.
- Then mix all other ingredients: flax seeds, nutritional yeast flakes, cornstarch, sugar, paprika, onion scrolled through a meat grinder or chopped in a blender, ground black pepper, salt and broth. Mix thoroughly.
- Shape ingredients into round flat cutlets, dip each cutlet into the breadcrumbs and fry until golden brownon both sides. Use a more healthy method – bake shaped cutlets in the oven.
- Now make burgers: put the cutlet in middle of a bun and fresh leavesof lettuce.
Vegan burgers are ready! Delicious! Even meat eaters ask for more. Enjoy!