Ingredients (8 pancakes)
1 cup of almond milk (soy or oat milk)
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoons baking soda
pinch of salt
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon brown sugar
½ mashed banana
100 g of blueberries
1 teaspoon of coconut oil
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Blend the banana and milk (or grind the banana with a fork and mix it with milk), add lemon juice.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl: flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and sugar.
- 3. Pour the banana-milk mixture into a bowl of dry ingredients and stir until all components are mixed. If you stir it too thoroughly you risk to make “rubber” pancakes. The dough should be rather thick and lumpy.
- Then add blueberries and stir gently, trying not to crush the berries. You can also try it with frozen blueberries, but they create the blue color when they defrost
- Grease a small pan for pancakes with coconut oil first (you may use vegetable oil) and heat it.
- Cook pancakes until bottoms are golden brown. They should be small in diameter, thick and fluffy like American-style pancakes. Since the pancakes are fluffy, check the first one.
Attention! If a pancake is undercooked, adjust the temperature up or down as needed
- Brush a pan with oil every few pancakes. Blueberry pancakes are ready! Serve with maple syrup, blueberry jam or fresh blueberries. Your children will love this delicious and healthy breakfast with berries. Bon Appetit!