Preparation time – 3 hours
Cooking time – 15 minutes
Baking time – 45 minutes
Total time – 4 hours
2 cups of rye flour
1 cup of wheat flour
¼ teaspoon yeast
½ cup hot water
1 teaspoon of salt
- In a large bowl combine rye and wheat flour, yeast and salt.
- Add water and mix well.
- Cover the dough and let it rest for 3 hours (or longer).
- After 3 hours dough will become liquid and dotted with bubbles. Using a spoon or spatula, knead about 10-12 times and shape dough into round balls. Place the pieces on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Cover with a linen towel and let it rise.
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees and place a cast iron pan with a lid inside.
6.When it’s preheated remove the cast iron pan from the oven and carefully put bread in the heated dish.
- Wait for 30 minutes and remove the pan and the lid. Bake for 10 minutes more to get a crispy crust.
- When the bread is cooled, cut with a sharp knife and serve with any vegan meals.